30 Years of Experience
Headquartered in Memphis, TN, BCISim is owned by Dr. Mark H. Myers and Cedric Johnson.
Mark H. Myers, Ph.D. is a leader in the field of neuromodulation. He is the author of numerous published research papers and guest speaker at computational neuroscience conferences. His work is featured at the FedEx Institute of Technology and he is recognized by his peers as a leader in advances in Brain Computer Interface technologies.
Cedric Johnson is a chemist with concentrations in chemical processes in living organisms. His focus has been on the chemical imbalance in the brain that results in seizure like systems. Due to his research, several ground breaking analysis were discovered to aid in the BCISim technology.
BCISim, Inc. is a leader in Brian-Computer Interface (BCI) technology. Founded in 2005 to research and study causes of epileptic seizures resulted in several ground breaking innovations. It is the goal of BCISim to develop and market these innovations independently or license them to established corporations.
To provide design, development, and marketing of newly licensed technologies in the neurological device industry. Our technologies will fill in the gaps in this niche market through the development of neurological devices that alleviate seizure activity from children who suffer congenital brain disease, adult seizure activity, and veterans who suffer brain damage.
- Need #1: To aid children, veterans and adults to alleviate their seizure symptoms.
- Need #2: To remove the side-effects occurring through ‘state-of-the-art’ medical neuro-devices.
- Need #3: To aid those who cannot find relief of their brain abnormalities because medicine and surgery will not cure their symptoms.
The medical device industry is on the cusp of medical neuro-therapies for brain illnesses such as Epilepsy, Alzheimer’s, Depression, Schizophrenia, Parkinson’s, etc. There is not a company that has focused on a neuro-device that can be tuned per patient, reduce and in some cases remove their brain pathologies.
- Goal #1: Take our seizure prediction methodology and quickly bring it to market to aid those who suffer from seizure conditions where drugs and surgery have had no effect.
- Goal #2: Develop and license our methodology into a medical device to help neurologists offer a better alternative to help those individuals suffering from intractable seizure effects.
- Goal #3: Bring our solution into other brain pathologies such as Alzheimer’s, Depression, Schizophrenia, Parkinson’s, etc. in order to solve a host of brain conditions and improve the current state of healthcare for those who suffer brain maladies.
Our research has shown to predict seizures 10-15 minutes before they occur and provide the patient much needed relief from brain maladies that have made their existence intolerable.
- Recommendation #1: BCISim can provide a better quality of life to 70 million patients with predictive solutions to brain maladies such as seizures.
- Recommendation #2: BCISim can provide a seizure prediction and therapeutic solution to epilepsy patients in such a way as to provide the patient an existence where they DO NOT KNOW A SEIZURE WAS ABOUT TO OCCUR. Our solution can eradicate the seizure state altogether.
- Recommendation #3: BCISim can provide an entire portfolio of brain pathology solutions to rid the population of patients with individual brain maladies such as Alzheimer’s, Depression, Schizophrenia, Parkinson’s, etc.